Saturday, September 21, 2013

AND the demolition commences...

I know I just posted about our renovation but Nate and Rob made huge progress today! I am so impressed and I must confess I felt a tinge of excitement today.

First, they knocked out most of the drywall to the fireplace! I really hate that part of this house and I am glad to see it go. I just think it was so awkwardly placed. I love that the kitchen/dining room will have an open floor concept.

Next, they ripped out all the laminate flooring!

Finally, we purchased our crown molding to go on top of the cabinets. We decided not to replace our cabinets and there are several reasons for this. Cabinets can get pretty expensive. Since this is not our "dream home" and we will not be staying here long we felt that the cabinets were in good enough shape that we could refinish them and exert of efforts and money in other areas. The bones of the cabinets are good enough for now so we are sanding and repainting them.

Here are some pictures of the progress from today. See if you can tell the difference from yesterdays pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment