Saturday, September 21, 2013

Surprise! You are renovating a HOUSE!

I never imagined in a thousand years... that I would ever embark upon a renovation project... and well here we are... renovating a house.

I have always had the motto "Buy it new, so you do not have to fix it- and if you DO have to fix it, chances are you have a warranty." Good motto, right? Ha ha. Well, obviously we are going against the grain on this one because we bought a foreclosed home and boy does it EVER need work.

When we first got married I learned that Nate loved HGTV. I had never heard about nor watched HGTV but I got quickly integrated once we were married. Television was not something that I did before I was married. Now...I love the show Love It or List It! But just because I love the show does not mean I want to attempt  it. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would do something like this. But here we are-married a little over 3 years, 15 month old twins, Nate is working full time and running a new start-up business, and I am back in school AND we are now renovating a house. We like to take things in stride ...

We closed on our new project in August. We have been so grateful to have the amazing and wonderful family and friends. So many people have been helping us. It is still overwhelming. I am learning a lot. Here are some pictures of the house before we did anything.




We had granite counter tops installed and are building an island in the kitchen. We are also replacing all the floors, repainting all the walls, fixing the roof, drywall, and a lot of other things...
Wish us luck because it is very much NEEDED!







No comments:

Post a Comment